Monday, July 2, 2012

american flag cake


Last year, I made this American Flag Tart recipe for the 4th of July.  It is absolutely delicious (and easy).  It was gone in record time.  Yes, I know, it's missing a few stripes and stars...it just wouldn't fit.

American Flag Cookie Tart

Ingredients:
1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
8 oz package cream cheese
2 tbsp butter (softened)
2-3 tbsp milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
blueberries and strawberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and then press the cookie dough into a rectangular shape that is about 1/8" thick. Press your thumbs into the edges to create a scalloped border. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.

While the crust is cooling, mix the cream cheese, butter, 2 Tbsp. milk, powdered sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl; beat until fluffy. Add more milk if necessary until spreading consistency is reached. Spread over the cooled cookie, leaving the scalloped border exposed.

Arrange the fruit in an American flag design. Blueberries will form the blue field in the upper left hand corner, and use the strawberries for the horizontal stripes. Cut into squares to serve. 


Just downloaded this song by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen (call me maybe) to play on the boat (and add to my 5k playlist)...



4 comments:

  1. My grandma used to make this every 4th...brings back memories! And I just heard about this song this morning...very exciting. I love me some Carly Rae!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I didn't actually make it this year. The 4th falling in the middle of the week messed me up. Loving some Carly Rae. You all need to make a river trip soon.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...