Friday, February 17, 2012

cookie monster

I literally live with the cookie monster.  I find myself making chocolate chip cookies for Clay at least once a month (sometimes more). He's pretty picky and only likes cookies made from scratch.  Our neighbors invited us over for dinner last Saturday night, and I said I would bring dessert.  Of course, Clay requested cookies.  I didn't want to bring just cookies, so I made ice cream sandwiches!

I use the NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® recipe on the back of the package, and add my own variations. 

Chocolate Chip Cookies
(ready to go in the oven)

 

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (I use cold butter)--I get it out of the fridge and put it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar...maybe a little more (I use DARK brown sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (12 oz.) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels  (semi-sweet is key)

  • Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
  • Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
  • Beat butter, sugar, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
  • Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each one.
  • Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
  • Stir in the chocolate chips (I use the mixer for this, and put it on stir)
  • Drop rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet
--I bake the cookies for about 7 to 8 minutes.  Do not over bake. 

I let them cool on the baking sheet for about a minute and transfer them to a cookie rack to let them cool completely.

On a sidenote...

I like to freeze some cookie dough when I make cookies. I lay wax paper in tupperware and layer it.  It's nice to have some cookie dough on hand to bake or just eat! 


And for an extra special treat I like to make a few ice cream sandwiches.  I wrap them up in press and seal with an outer layer of tin foil so they won't get freezer burned. 


Clay was so excited!!


Enjoy the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...