Monday, June 4, 2012

mom mom's brownies

This brownie recipe is my grandma's.  These are homemade deliciousness.  If I tell Clay I'm making brownies, he always asks if it's the good kind.  Well, I'm sharing the "good" brownie recipe aka "not box" brownies. 

We were invited to a crawfish party over the weekend, and I was asked to bring brownies.  I knew these would be a hit (and they were).  I came home with an empty pan!  

pardon the fine china...
 
mom mom's homemade brownies

1 cup of regular flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup of sugar
3/4 tsp. of salt
2 whole eggs (beaten)
2/3 cup of oil (canola oil)
2-squares of semi-sweet chocolate(melt in the microwave with a little water to help it.)
1-tsp. vanilla

Icing:

powdered sugar (16 oz)
hershey's cocoa (around 3-4 tbsp) taste and adjust
tablespoon of butter
whipping cream just enough to make it spreadable (don’t whip the cream)
1/2 cup of nuts (chopped pecans) 

Add however much of the cocoa you want...depending on how dark you want it.  I don’t make it dark, it will taste bitter.

-pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
-combine brownie ingredients in mixer
-put in square brownie pan that has been slightly oiled
-bake at 350 and check in 20 minutes
-combine icing ingredients in mixer
-let brownies completely cool before you ice them

This picture seems a little overwhelming!  The first time I made this, I felt like I called Mom Mom a million times asking questions about the ingredients.  A picture like this would have helped.  This recipe is super easy and yum. 


**I doubled this recipe for the party and put it in a 9x13 cake pan.  If you are doubling the recipe the baking time will be around 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...