Thursday, March 8, 2012

kony 2012

Tory Burch and Kim Kardashian posted a video about Joseph Kony yesterday on twitter.  I took the time to watch the entire video (all 30 minutes), and I was in complete shock.  Joseph Kony is a war criminal from Uganda.  He's the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA).  The LRA is known for being ruthless and cruel.  Kony takes children away from their families to join his army.  The boys serve as soldiers and the girls are forced to be "wives" (or sex slaves).
The point of this video is to get Joseph Kony's name out there and make him famous so that he will be captured.


Here's what you can do...
  • You can sign the pledge here.  I have to be honest.  I didn't sign the pledge because it was going to force me to change to the facebook timeline. 
  • Like Invisible Children on Facebook.
  • Purchase KONY 2012 products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...