Monday, March 5, 2012

crockpot bbq chicken

My Mom made this bbq chicken recipe a few weeks ago.  I decided to try it out and use my crock pot (for the first time) and I am in love.  It was so easy.  I almost felt guilty...almost.

not pictured: brown sugar
Ingredients:
4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (you can use frozen chicken breasts!)
1 full bottle of BBQ sauce (I used sweet baby ray’s)--28 oz bottle
1/4 c vinegar
1/2 to 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 – 1 tsp. garlic powder



-Mix bbq sauce with all the ingredients under it in a medium-sized bowl. I used 1-28 oz bottle of bbq sauce, but bought two bbq bottles because I was worried about dryness. I added about 1/3 cup of extra bbq sauce.
-Place the chicken in the crockpot.
-Pour sauce over the chicken and set on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.  I set it for 6 hours.


I shredded the chicken with 1 hour to go. 



Cooking for 2 is so hard.  I had enough BBQ to feed a family of 10.  I decided to freeze half of the BBQ.  I folded a plastic bag over a bowl and filled it up.


This recipe is super easy and delicious!  You will not be disappointed.  I can't wait to use my crockpot again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...