Friday, March 9, 2012

homemade granola

For me, there's nothing better than homemade granola.  My roomate in Rockford gave me her recipe, and it's seriously THE BEST GRANOLA EVER.  Clay LOVES it. 


In case you can't read my recipe card...

Homemade Granola


ingredients:
2 cups regular rolled oats
1 cup coarsely chopped, slivered or sliced almonds, chopped walnuts, or chopped peanuts (I use sliced almonds)
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1 cup of dried fruit (I use cranberries)
dash of nutmeg
hefty sprinkling of cinnamon
1/2 cup honey or maple-flavored syrup (I use honey) (I think I usually end up using closer to a cup just eyeballing it. You want to make sure it's significantly moist otherwise it won't bake up right)
2 tablespoons of cooking oil

  • Combine dry ingredients in casserole dish.

  • Combine the honey and oil in a saucepan and warm up until it thins out and is easy to pour & stir
  • Toss the honey and oil in, stir
  • Bake at 300 for 30 minutes, stir after 15 min
{the finished product}
Eat plain or serve over yogurt with some fresh fruit. 


This recipe is perfect to make and take to a host/hostess if you are visiting for the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Will you move in with me and be our chef? I love your food ideas. Keep blogging!!!! muah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...