Friday, August 3, 2012

nan's zucchini bread

I thought this would be the perfect time to share my Mom's zucchini bread recipe.  I feel like we have had tons of zucchini lately, and I needed to use it.  Her zucchini bread is, by far, my favorite.  I still love the banana bread too.  They are both my Nana's recipes. 


Nan's Zucchini Bread

3 eggs (beat slightly)
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour (can be sifted, but I didn't)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups zucchini grated (2 medium-sized zucchinis)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup nuts chopped (pecans or walnuts)

preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
mix eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla. 
add dry ingredients.
(flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder)
add the chopped pecans.
add grated zucchini last.
grease and flour pan.
bake for 1 hour.

I grate my zucchini with a cheese grater.  It will be soggy!

ready for the oven
perfect!
We were going out of town for the weekend, so I decided to freeze half of it.


Now go use those zucchinis and make some bread!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...